Saturday, March 20, 2010

KKR wins IPL 3 !


And 5 minutes later, I woke up.

I know this piece of text might annoy quite a few. But I still feel the need to point a finger at certain things (and its my Blog anyway :P), which I'm sure will haunt all you KKR fans by the time IPL 3 ends.

I was born and brought up in Kolkata, and I have lived here all my life. Hence, it is quite obvious that being a cricket lover, and a keen follower of the game, I would support KKR, and I have been doing so, ever since the team was formally announced.

We bengali's are an emotional bunch, myself included. We have seldom fought gruelling battles, but we love to listen to stories of gallant warriors, great victories and triumph of good over evil. It is due to this reason that we simply hate to lose, without even bothering to look back and find out why we lost. Failures, they say, are the pillars of success. But every time we fail, we just destroy the Pillars and move on.

I have no idea what SRK has done to the team after last year's debacle. If kicking the coach out and changing the captain is all that has been done, I'm afraid we're in for another bumpy ride this year. 

I watched KKR's last match against the Chennai Super Kings. I would ask a simple question to all you Dada-fans out there. Did your Dada (and mine), for even a second, look like he belonged to the 22 yards out there ? I'll tell you, he didn't. Now, before you pull out your "Long Live Dada" banners and clear your throats for the war-cry, stop and think. It's your team god damn it ! We need 11 good cricketers out there, who could win us matches, and Dada didn't look like he's going to win the match for us. But I'm not saying that KKR should get rid of him. Instead, why not use his years of experience, and help him find some good talent for the team ? Why not use him as a Batting Coach ? As a Mentor

I recently watched an ad on TV, wherein the Knight Riders are being coached by a boy who delivers newspapers, and apparently has a better throwing arm than the cricketers themselves. Nothing wrong with the ad, they just tried to make it funny, that's all. But what I don't like is SRK chilling out on a chair while the cricketers sweat it out. What kind of a message does that convey ? Come on, he's just an owner, the real job is done by the cricketers. The ad would give you a feeling of watching a Feudal Lord putting his feet up in the sun while his slaves do all that is needed. 

And, nobody says a word ! Nobody would, till one fine morning your dear SRK washes his hands off, and walks away, and all you are left with is a bunch of confused cricketers, a stadium where the lights blink like those in a disco, and snatched packs of smokes being sold by the police themselves.

This morning’s newspaper carried a photograph of the kids, holding posters which say “Gayle amaader bachao” (Gayle please save us). This is pretty much what KKR is all about. All emotions and zero common sense.

 P.S. :- I am going to spend my hard-earned money to watch KKR's match at Fame. I Love You K-K-K-K-K-K-KKR !

No comments: