Monday, March 15, 2010

On Summer...

Due to some reason, my school was hugely obsessed with the Seasons. Hence, all summer vacations had to be followed by Essays about Summer, what I did (though there was never enough power to do anything), that trip to the mountains (which never actually happened), a day in the Zoo (just imagine!), and plenty more.

It’s a shame that I could never write about what I actually did during those days. Now that I’m out of school (the "now" spans 20 years), and my teachers don’t give a damn any more, I can finally write what I like. Growing up is so much fun !

Now that summer is here, the evenings are going to have a breezy feel about them. I hate Winter evenings, they are so depressing ! Winter evenings remind me that the Laluprasad’s and the Mayawati’s still exist, and life looks terrible thereafter ! But summer evenings are all about Green Mango Coolers, a quick shower, talcum powder and IPL matches. The lights in the room seem so much brighter, and taking pictures while the AC works overtime is bliss indeed.

Sundays in the summertime does remind me of last year. This was the time when I used to shoot on the streets of Kolkata with the Kolkata Weekend Shoots gang. It was fun on the whole. To sweat it out with your backpack and camera, and ditches and stink, and sweat and street food, and to come back and explore the pictures was a wonderful experience. Sadly, it’s not going to happen this year, as the equations have changed, and so has my tolerance level. But when I look back, I have no regrets. It was fun alright.

I also wanted to write about Spring, but I have no idea what it looks like. Can somebody help ?


No comments: